Sunday, December 9, 2007

The 'Fat Cat' joins the fray!

Another letter - somebody actually got through to the main partner - Frans Basson:

'Great job.... nice to know I am not alone.

I also have a tale of woe. I eventually gave up and and paid them money that was not legally owing (the debt that prescribed as it was older than 3 years) just to get them off my back... but of course that did not work: the calls and SMSs continue. Nor did explaining till I was blue in the face.

Eventually I tracked down the email address of Frans Basson and sent him multiple copies of my complaint (in which I also said I would approach the National Credit Regulator if the matter was not resolved). His response: to threaten me with criminal prosectution!!!!!!

When I challenged him and told him I had an LLB he backed down. Now my complaint is with Anzel, the "Customer Care Department Manager". (Talk about a contradiction in terms... - MBD Victim)

I'll let you know what happens. And keep me posted on your battle! It's one thing to be an unscrupulous debt farm, but the SA public needs to know that such consumer giants as Woolies, Foschini and MTN are using these people. Unbelievable.'

(Name and details withheld)

Note by MBD Victim:
(Threatening you with criminal prosecution - what a joke! I have been demanding that they take me to court for years and they are either refusing to, or are unable to execute even such a simple action... Hahahaha Mr. Basson - nice try but no cigar!)

No comments: