Sunday, December 9, 2007

Good news! Ex MBD employee responds

I have recently been contacted by somebody who used to work for MBD Attorneys and have now also landed in their clutches. This helps our cause a lot as she is willing to speak to our reporters and make a formal statement regarding the goings on at MBD.

Below is a copy of a letter recently sent to me by her:

Hi There

I have worked for MBD and have seen all the disgusting and illegal tactics they get up to. What MBD does is that they buy the credit books from companies and then try and collect on anything outstanding that they possibly can, while adding their own illegal fees. Some of them are not even credit books - take colleges like Lyceum for instance. When a person goes there to inquire about studies, they fill in forms with their personal details. MBD buys those forms from them and after a few years start using intimidation to collect money from those people, even when they know that person didn't even study there.

When you look at the illegal fees the add, they don't make sense, they differ from one person to another, it's not about how much they owe and they are ridiculously high.

I think that once these companies have handed you over, they don't care what happens to you, just as long as they get their money. I have also been handed over to them by Virgin Active and from VA all I needed to do was settle my account with them which didn't include any interest and I could go back and start gym again, even though I hadn't paid MBD's money. Once I settled the account, including MBD's amount, I would work on my account while I sill worked there (at MBD), sending a query to their admin department, saying the debtor called and requests a letter of prove that the account has been paid. I must have sent it about four times and still received nothing.

What is more scary is that I noticed that all the accounts that have been settled are put into frozen status. I am not exactly sure, but I have a feeling that while they are on this status they still accumulate interest and after a few years, the account gets activated again, and the bullying starts again. That is the reason they will not give you a letter stating that the account is settled because it will be proof to stop them from harassing you. I have spoken to debtors who say they settled their accounts with MBD years before and don't understand why we are calling them again. These people are very greedy and they don't care whether yours was a case of mistaken identity that you can prove. They want their money no matter what. Almost all my friends have been or are still handed over to them and some of their stories are hilarious but very infuriating at the same time.

As for the consultants, they don't even know what is going on. They are just trained to collect money from debtors. Whether the company is operating within the legal structure, they have no clue. I remember seeing accounts of these consultants themselves and being scared to work on them because of how rude they tell other debtors. Some of these people are older than my mother, but when I tell people the disgusting things they say to debtors....

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

(Name and contact details withheld)

No comments: