Friday, June 4, 2010

Again and again - there is no end in sight...

Hi There
Mine is a simple story but I am so anxious about this. I had an Aldo account which I paid off with MBD about 18 mnths ago. 3 weeks ago I started receiving SMS’s saying that I still owed money on the account.

I called them and spoke to some women who took my details and said someone would call me.
No-one did so I had to repeat the process.

I am now being sent sms’s every day and I cant get to speak to anyone about the problem. Unfortunately (a lesson to be learnt here) I don’t have proof at hand and must now go back through all my bank statements in my spare time in the middle of the night…

At no point did MBD ever send me confirmation that I had paid up my account in full. I then decided to email them this morning and discovered all these complaints on various websites…. Am shocked yet relieved at the same time that I am not the only one. I wonder how many people out there are being harrased and stressed out with no idea that its happening to so many people.

We need Carte Blance to do a story on this. Cant we start a petition or something?

Not sure where to turn to at this stage. Its detrimental to my new business as I am trying to get a credit card machine for my shop but am not able to because of this ‘debt’ HELP!!

(Name withheld)

1 comment:

MBD Victim said...

Unfortunately this is how they operate - they do not give proof when debts have been paid and they just reactivate the file again after a while.
They only short term solution here is to contract (real) lawyers and to have them sort it out for you...
All of the best!