Sunday, December 9, 2007

Markhams too!

I had quite a result today and want you to use the info to help others if you can.

In desperation I called Markhams HO and told them I would sue them for damages if they did not stop MBD from harassing me.

Today I got a call from Kurt Rauch who is the head of Foschini Group Collections in Capetown. His number is ...

He told me that they (and companies like his) offer their old debtors book to the market and companies like MBD bid or tender for the book. The successful bidder has to sign a contract to agree not to use the original company's name but can say it was previously a debt with Markahms, Woollies, Standard etc., Because of their dreadful experiences with MBD the Foschini Group will not allow MBD to even bid on their book now and they have nothing to all to do with them - except save people like me who complain.

I suggest everyone complains bitterly and relentlessly to the original creditor and make them take responsibility for handing their previous customers over to sharks and predators.

It worked very quickly for me, Kurt tells me that he personally has had my name removed from MBD files and that he checked to make sure I was not listed anywhere.

My case may be a little different in that I have never had any accounts - but nonetheless - these big concerns sell their debtors books to unscrupulous predators who then add illegal interest and charges and harass and threaten the original vendors customers to a point of despair - they must take responsibility and buy their books back - I am not even sure you can sell a prescribed debt?? Will get advice and refer back to you.

Kind regards and FIGHT ON BRU!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I JOINED VIRGIN ACTIVE AS A STUDENT AND SIGNED FOR A TWO YEAR CONTRACT, DURING THE SECOND YEAR A DECIDED TO CANCELL MY CONTRACT BECAUSE I WAS MOVING AND THERE WAS NO VIRGIN ACTIVE IN THAT PLACE.VIRGIN ACTIVE CALL CENTER HELPED ME AND EMAILED ME THE CANCELATION LETTER WHICH I LOST AND THE CALL CENTER AGENT HELPED ME GAVE ME THE AMOUNT I WAS SUPPOSED TO PAY AND PAID IT IN FULL. NOW RECENTLY I WAS CALLED BY MBD THAT I OWE VIRGIN ACTIVE OVER R900.
MY BIG QUESTION IS THAT WHY IS THAT ALL THE CANCELLATIONS HAVE TO BE MADE VIA CALL CENTER AND WHY WHY DO VIRGIN ACTIVE CALL CENTER AGENTS DONT DO THEIR JOBS PROPERLY BECAUSE IF THE CANCELLATION WAS MADE IT MEANS THE SHOUD HAVE BEEN FOLLOW UPS ON THE PAYMENTS MADE.