Friday, February 1, 2008

And the story goes on and on...

Well, I am sure that the story of absolute harassment from these people has been told many times.

I am absolutely appalled at Frans Basson's attitude toward trampling on peoples rights, he actually makes fun of it and justifies the complaints by saying that it comes with the territory to upset people from whom you are collecting debt and its just about learning to stay ahead of the knives. I am trying to get hold of his personal details so that when they send me an sms in the middle of the night that I can get in my car and go to his house and answer in person, I will do it every single night if I have to.

These people have made me so angry that I will stop at nothing in my quest to show them that I am not a helpless victim if that means spending thousands of rand then so be it, its the principal of the whole thing. (I'm 100% behind you on that one! - MBD Victim)

My story begins in late 2005 when these people first made contact with me and informed me that they were collecting for Foschini and that there was an eight year old debt. Naturally I was astonished and wanted more detail. Later they told me it was a Sterns account and then a Foschini account again.

The amount was a small one, somewhere around R1100.00, after MBD added all their charges the debt grew to R2400.00.

I have requested telephonically and eventually in writing that they furnish me detail of this so-called account, all they do is send me a statement from MBD attorneys.

In the meantime I receive threatening phone calls daily from people barely literate enough to put together coherent sentences.

After initially being patient and explaining my plight, I eventually just got to the point of hanging up the phone the moment they call.

I have people telling me:
-That I will be blacklisted
-I have no right to ask for detail of this account I must just pay it
-If the account is not mine then why do they know my ID number
-Not paying my accounts is a criminal offence
-That MBD is not Sterns, how can I expect them to supply me proof of purchase
And so much more!

I have been collecting a library of hundreds of sms's threatening legal action and I am thinking about contacting Vodacom to get a printout of all the calls made to me to prove the extent of harassment.

These people pride themselves on collecting R1 billion pa whilst their closest opposition only collects R300 million, those of us that have experienced MBD’s ruthless unethical behaviour know that they collect more because they totally trample peoples rights.

Frans Basson, please understand that the wheel turns and if we ever have the opportunity to unleash a world of aggravation on you, its coming with interest!!!

(Name withheld)

PS (Congrats and well done on your efforts, I am willing to give time and money to this cause.)

No comments: