Monday, July 21, 2008

SMS's and phone calls

.....WHEN MBD TOOK OVER THE BILL AMOUNTED TO R13000 TO R14000 NOW. EVERYTIME I ASK FOR A BREAKDOWN AS TO WHY SO MUCH. THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL EMAIL IT TO ME AND POST IT TO ME,I ALSO GAVE THEM MY FAX NUMBER. ITS BEEN 3MNTHS NOW AND NOTHING.
I EARN VERY LITTLE AND BY THE TIME THE DIRECT DEBITS ARE DONE WITH ME I HAVE +/-R500 LEFT WHICH I DIVIDE AND PAY MBD EVERY MONTH BUT RECENTLY I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY OUTSTANDING BALANCE IS NOT DECREASING BUT INCREASING.
I GET HARASSED NEARLY EVERY 2ND OR 3RD DAY WITH CALLS AND SMS'S. I AM MAKING PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH BUT THEY JUST KEEP CALLING AND SMS'ING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TO NOW. I AM FLAT BROKE.

Hi There

Firstly, do not pay them anything! Looking at their reported track record, it seems that MBD has absolutely NO interest in actually recovering any debts - they only want to inflate the alleged amount that you owe, in order to continue receiving payments from you. That is why you are getting all the sms's - they charge you for them...
I would suggest demanding a detailed account, as well as a subpoena before you pay them anything.
I am prepared to bet any amount that you will never see the paperwork, as well as any subpoena.
Theey are not acting like real lawyers, but 'Debt Farmers'

- MBD Victim

No comments: