Friday, February 1, 2008

Frans Basson replies!

Dear (name withheld)

Please note that I am unable to assist u without a reference number. Your wife's id number will also assist me to locate the case.I will also not able to provide u with any personal information on your wife's account since its confidential and private(unless I receive her consent to disclose the info in writing to u )
Also note that all our calls are voice recorded and since u have made some serious allegations we will not hesitate to proceed against u with action should these allegations be false.
We will also not be intimidated by your allegations or threats.You may exercise your rights u think u have in any way u deem fit (just remember that we have rights too) I am however very concerned about the fact that u do not deny that your wife in fact owes our client money nor do I see any offer from u to settle the debt.
You are also not our client since we do not send u our account to pay our fees. I am currently not aware that any of our clients are concerned about our service as u alledge either. (This has to be a joke, right? Which clients can he be referring to? - MBD Victim)

Your wife is a debtor on our books and we have to take action to collect the debt she owes to our client (not u )We can do this by calling her or we can proceed with a summons, obtain a civil judgement and therafter issue a warrant to attach your property or even request her to appear in Court to explain why she has not paid the debt.The Court can even issue a warrant for her arrest.
The fact that we are calling her to negotiate a payment should be appreciated by u unless u would prefer us to proceed with legal action rather ?
Kindly provide me with the information requested in order to enable me to investigate your allegations and then respond thereto formally.
Yours faithfully,
Frans Munnik Basson

--- original message ---

(Details withheld)

Good Morning

I do apologise for e-mailing you directly but I got this e-mail address from another concerned "MBD client".I had a frightening experience yesterday morning with your company MBD Attorneys.

My wife called me in tears and explained to me that a woman named ..... (If this is her real name) from MBD called her office number and threatened to go to her place of work,reason being is that my wife is ignoring her calls.

This is after I called the company on numerous occasions requesting to speak to ..... She called my wife's workplace and told the secretary that they are unprofessional because they do not give messages to my wife.

She is absolutely rude and has a very aggressive approach .

As far as I am aware this is also a contravention of the credit act (phoning,harassing and embarrassing people at the work place)

I called the call centre yesterday morning and asked to speak to this woman again. I was told by the consultant that she is on leave .

I then asked her why this woman is calling my wife and threatening to go to her place of work if she is on leave then. I asked lady that I want to speak to a manager ,she advised me that ..... is not in and I need to give her my reference number. I advised her that I will open a police case for harassment.

Her comment to me was that all their calls are recorded and I can go and open a police case.

These people are totally unprofessional in the manner that they handle clients and is definitely not acceptable.

Nb!! I have visited hellopeter.com and will seek further advise.

I will appreciate it if you can look into the matter for me and give me feedback as soon as possible.

Regards

(Name withheld)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's very interessting but to be honest i have a hard time seeing it... wonder how others think about this..