Monday, July 21, 2008

Cell C

Hi,

I’m also a victim of MBD. I was in a legal battle for money owed to me myself year before last, and contacted all my creditors and kept them up to date with the procedures as they arose. Mostly all our creditors where very patient and when we did eventually get our money paid in all the debt we had incurred.

All where happy it seems with the exception of Cell C. I thought that all was in order since I kept them up to date, even though Cell C discontinued my out-going calls facility. When I made the final EFT payment in September 2006, I used my cell phone number as a reference, and contacted them to make sure that they had received payment, which they did, and to get them to re-instate my call facility.

To my surprise Cell C had given my number to another subscriber, and that Cell C had cancelled my contract without any notification to me. A year later a receive a call from MBD informing me that I owe Cell C money and they have listed me on ITC, without any notification to me. My last payment was not even reflected in the statement from Cell C. I did not receive any invoices or statements in connection with my account since February 2005, when they decided to cancel my contract. (They sent me invoices and statements via email).

Then the MBD calls and sms’s started. I got so fed up that I instructed my attorney to deal with the matter. I keep good records and gave him all the copies etc he needed. He has been unfortunately not been able to get hold of anyone who is willing to assist him in clearing the matter either.

Each time MBD call me I refer them to my attorney, but still keep getting the sms’s and calls. I’ve kept these sms’s on my phone and file. We are seriously looking at getting our own recording device to record these conversations. Each time I tell them that the account has been paid in full and that I have proof of that , but they want me to fax through the proof of payment. As far as I’m concerned, my records are up to date, if they have the account why aren’t theirs.
My postal address has remained the same in 25 years. I have moved twice in 19 years. I forward all my calls to my cell when out of the office. If they say that they could not contact me or that I was not traceable, then that’s not at all true. No one can use the excuse that I was not traceable if they want to use that as an excuse of not being able to contact me.
I’ve learned a very hard lesson. I will never sign another cellular contract or any other contract for that matter especially without any legal advise. I pay only cash.

PS. Cell C cleverly contacted me on my pay as you go by offering me another Cell C contract telephonically. I’m almost sure that this is how they keep track of new contact numbers of old subscribers, to check on them and have MBD harass them.

My only concern is that by the time we get together that the law has changed again in their favour.

(Details withheld)

Hi There

I do not think that you have to worry about the law changing in the favour of this 'legal firm' As far as I know these kinds of practises ended after the Inquisition and Darl Ages and most countries have moved on with more modern laws... This 'legal firm' (and I use the term very loosely) has only found a loophole and is exploiting it. This is something that we CAN beat.

Regards

MBD Victim

No comments: