Monday, July 21, 2008

Foschini too

Hallo there,

MBD tried to make me a victim of their "scheme". Unfortunately for them, I am a legal secretary and know a little (actually more than their so-called consultants) about the law.

I had a Foshini account approximately 11 years ago. Due to unforeseen circumstances, a divorce and other problems I could not pay my debt. My ex and I were placed under administration and the Foshini account formed part thereof. During 2000 the administration order was rescinded due to my ex not paying his share of the administration order as per the Court Order. NEVER did I receive a letter, summons, or any correspondence whatsoever from Foshini and/or their attorneys.

Suddenly in February 2008 I receive an SMS from MBD Attorneys requesting payment of R2700.00 for the Foshini account otherwise "legal action" will be taken. Are they really attorneys? If they were, the "attorney" should know that at the very latest the claim against me had prescribed during 2003 - five years ago. If Foshini had not issued summons against me and obtained a Judgment, they no longer have a claim against me.

I advised the various consultants who telephone me at all hours of this, however they requested me to fax them a letter stating this. I have done this on numerous occasions, and still (it is now June 2008) I am receiving SMS's and telephone calls to "arrange payment" or "legal action will be taken".

MBD Attorneys are giving the legal profession a bad name and should be stopped from continuing with their harassing tactics. May all those harassed by MDB should bring an action against them to put an end to their "strong arm" tactics to force payment from the already hard hit and suffering public!.

Another victim (Details withheld)

No comments: