Monday, July 21, 2008

Truworths

My story is;

My account is also written off a long time ago because i was out of work and had no income. I am not even on the Truworths system anymore. Then i got a sms a couple of months ago to pay Truworths immediately or be handed over to attorneys MBD. Nothing else - No names to contact. Anyway I started paying truworths via internet which the bank confirmed Truworths received. Two months later MBD send an sms they have not received any of the two payments I made. I have spoken to more MBD staff than people I have met in my life. I had to investigate myself what happenend to my payments because they did not bother to follow Truworths up when I sent them the proof of payments.My payments was lying at Truworths on their dormant accounts because they do not have me on their system anymore because it was written off and waited for someone to enquire. (which is also a little hard to swallow as an excuse) Anyway trying to explain to MBD staff and alot of them are extremely arrogant is like talking to a wall. I have sent my proof of payments for many of them to sort out with Truworths. They just ignore it. Truworths said they paid it over to MBD. Up to today it is still not showing. I told the last guy out of many to put on their computer that i am NOT REFUSING TO PAY but then they must must first locate my payments because until that is done I will not pay them any money further because between Truworths and MBD my two payments got lost. As if I am paying in vain here. No one bothers to sort it out just sending sms that the Sheriff of the court will be visiting me soon. I made copies of all these complaints should it go to court. MBD have to explain where is my paymentsTruworths sent them. O yes I found out there is about 1000 working at MBD according to one of the guys working there. So I have still 950 to phone me over the same problem.

Does the ombuds man know about thiese complaints I have read. Meaning I am not the only person.

(Contact details withheld)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot give a guarantee that we will still be alive when you receive this message. Maybe we have finally made an end to our lives, or maybe we will get a permanent place in a mental hospital. Who knows?
Here is the story. My wife gets a call from Truworth to settle an outstanding debt. She was informed in vague terms where and when she was supposed to have bought the goods. No further details are given, but it is clear that she never was at that shop, not in this area of the country and not at that time. Truworth argues that they cannot produce any documentation about her debt. Clearly, somebody managed to buy in her name!
Enter MBD! The calls and SMS messages do not stop – ever. The deal: we pay R85/month until Truworth comes up with the documents. Then we write the affidavit stating that she was not there at that time and that she did NOT buy what they claim she did.
We told MBD that she does not have a debt, and they responded with yet more calls. They gave us several wrong account numbers and made us stand in the line at Checkers Money Market, literally for days! We keep telling them to please get us the correct number. No response.
My wife has reached a state of nervous breakdown; she wakes up in the morning with only one thought: “no more calls, please...”, “I just want to die...”. MBD continues harder, giving us the wrong account numbers yet again, harassing us in the worst possible ways. I think they will kill us! And all this for a debt, we do NOT owe.
The incompetence with which these people work is overwhelming. Nobody ever knows anything, nobody ever listens. They always claim they were not paid, and when you scream your lungs out asking them to please check on their system BEFORE they harass you, they sometimes do find proof of payment! But first, you need to scream and waste hours and days arguing.
Is this just a bad dream?