Monday, July 21, 2008

Zimbabwe!?

I remember having an account with Woolworths in 1995. That was the last time I bought from them.

Last year (2007) I had 2 of MDB's consultants contacting me to say that I owe Woolworths. I told them the account has been paid and they should not call me again because I will speak to the National Credit Regulator. They stopped calling me.

Yesterday 10/04/2008 I had a call from a consultant called Edward, telling me that I owe Woolworths. I told him that the account was paid up and he said they still have an outstanding amount. I told him that I will not pay an account that has been settled. He said bye.

Today 11/04/2008, I got another call from a Nomsa, asking me to pay up. I told her that I will not pay and they should stop trying to get money from people that are paying their accounts. They should focus on people that do not pay. She told me that I want this country to be like Zimbabwe (what she meant by that comment, heaven only knows).

I just happen to spot your website and I suddenly got more insight. How do I get these people off my case?

(Details withheld)

Unfortunately, it does not look like one will ever get rid of these parasites by conventional means - paying them does not look like an option either, as I have yet to find someone who has been successful by doing his... Please keep record of all communications that you have with this company - we are going to 'fix' them soon!

Yes, the Zimbabwe comment is strange. One would think that they are the ones acting like Mugabe's government, if the readers' letters are anything to go by...
- MBD Victim

1 comment:

James said...

I think Woolworths needs to be held accountable for these MDB idiots. I have the same problem 11 years ago account was paid up but according to these idiots I still have money outstanding